Do you have any idea how much your smartphone can really do for you? It’s more than just a phone, more than a way to check Facebook and more than a music lovers dream. That little phone can help you reach your goals, inspire you and even help keep an eye on the kids.
In this article I will review these top five accessories for your smartphone:
- Belkin Net Cam WiFi Camera
- iDevices iGrill
- FitBit Wireless Activity Tracker
- Aria WiFi Smart Scale
- WeMo Switch
I am a Verizon Voices ambassador and I’m lucky to get an insiders look at new phones and accessories for your smartphone. For a geeky girl like me, it’s a bit of a dream. All of these accessories work with your iPhone and most with Android as well. I am hoping to see more accessories for the Windows phone and Blackberry in the future.
Top 5 Accessories ForYour Smartphone That Work with Your Life
1. Belkin Net Cam WiFi Camera: This little gadget can film your kids or your cats and send it right to your phone! I love that if my kids are in the yard and I am in the kitchen I can keep an eye on them. It’s like a baby monitor for big kids! While spying on your kids might not be your cup of tea, keeping an eye on them is sometimes a must. And hey, if this little gadget keeps older kids doing homework and not playing on Facebook, well, that’s a win too! The Belkin Net Cam retails for $99.99 and works with your Wi-Fi router and your iPod® touch, iPhone®, or iPad® with iOS 4.2 or your Android™ device with version 2.2 or higher.
2. iDevices iGrill: It’s spring and time to start grilling. We always cook and grill with a meat thermometer to make sure we are eating fully cooked food and not overcooked food. The perfect temperature makes all the difference. What I never seem to be able to do is stand in front of my meat the entire time checking a temperature. I always have my phone close by, and this guy syncs with a free app for your iPhone or Android device that tells you when your food is done! The iGrill retails for $79.98 and works with your iPod® touch, iPhone®, or iPad® or your Android™ device.
3. FitBit Wireless Activity Tracker: I keep this little device attached to my bra at all times. It measures my steps, distance traveled and calories burned and then syncs with the app on my iPhone and Android as well as my computer. It lets me set goals, track my progress and earn badges. You can also compete with friends and track food and calories in the apps. At night you can wear it anywhere it will clip if you want to track your sleep patterns. I will be telling you more about this awesome accessory but for now, know that if you are looking for a simple way to track your activity and help you stay motivated, the FitBit rocks. It retails for $49.99 and syncs with your computer, Apple device or Android.
4. Aria WiFi Smart Scale: If you use the FitBit you will love this scale. It syncs with the FitBit to help you track your weight loss success. The scale measures weight, body fat and BMI. Like the FitBit, it works with apps on Androids or your i devices and syncs with your computer. Take your health goals to the next level! I am ordering this one! The Aria Smart Scale retails for $129.99 and is compatible with i devices and Android.
5. WeMo Switch: Your mother always told you to turn the lights off. It’s just good sense. But sometimes you are away and want to turn them on too. The WeMo plugs in and then you plug your lamp or whatever you want into it and you can turn it on and off from your phone! WeMo works with your existing WiFi router and your iOS device and retails for $49.99.
Now go get accessorizing and make your phone do some work!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Ambassador program and have been provided with a wireless device and three months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.