Don’t Ever Let it Go

posted in: My Life, Parenting 16 comments

Every Child is an Artist

Every child is an artist.

I have not ever watched a child create something without my heart swelling.

Within a creation there is love and passion and it is ALL good.

I believe in letting children explore their creativity.

I do not worry about the mess. In fact, I believe in making a mess.

Art is not clean.

Art is real.

Art is fun.

Art is messy.

Art is full of possibilities.

I believe that art is like life.

Life is real.

Life is fun.

Life is messy.

Life is full of possibilities.

I believe we all have a child within us.

When we let go… When we go out of the lines and out on a limb…When we free ourselves to imagine something new…

We can remain artists forever and begin to paint the world with our love and our passion and we can create great things.

*We had a day full of art today.  We painted birdhouses for our backyard and Violet painted herself.  She was a sight to be seen and photographed and enjoyed.  She was in heaven.  We stamped her paint covered hands and feet on paper and showed her pictures of those same toes on the day she was born.  It was perfect. I am a mother and a child when I am with my childrenIt is a beautiful thing. *

Latest posts by Brittany (see all)

• May 29, 2012 angela

I don’t mind the mess either! I’m glad you had such a fun day :)
    angela recently posted… Happy Memorial DayMy Profile

• June 1, 2012 Brittany

If I minded the mess we’d be in big trouble. It’s not just art that is messy around here!

• May 29, 2012 christine

I love that you recognize the mess can be a good thing. I need to remember that more!
    christine recently posted… The TantrumMy Profile

• May 29, 2012 HEATHER

This is so good and true. A beautiful mess–art and life.

Thank you for joining in with Just Write!

• May 29, 2012 Savvy Sassy MomME

I so mind the mess, but you are right about art. Once I’m in the midst of creating with my children the mess is thefurthest thing from my mind.
    Savvy Sassy MomME recently posted… Savvy Sassy MODEL MomMEMy Profile

• May 29, 2012 Savvy Sassy MomME

Hopefully my comment will post this time. LOL. I so mind the mess, but when I am in the midst of creating art with my children,the mess is the furthest thing from my mind.
    Savvy Sassy MomME recently posted… Savvy Sassy MODEL MomMEMy Profile

• June 1, 2012 Brittany

Okay, I am with you on clean up. It is much more fun to make art than to clean it up. But hey, it is helping to teach the kids about responsibility too I guess!

• May 30, 2012 jamieywrites

The most important is let the kids be kids. If you ‘make’ them grow up faster, they will all the fun ;)
    jamieywrites recently posted… Enough Is EnoughMy Profile

• May 30, 2012 Cathy

I agree, we should keep creativity alive because it’s the only thing that makes us feel fully alive.

• May 30, 2012 Alison

That does sound fun!

I don’t mind messes with art either. It’s part of the fun!
    Alison recently posted… Wordless Wednesday: Toddler ‘TudeMy Profile

• May 31, 2012 Jessica

I love this because we do the same. We are a messy, paint your hands and feet kind of bunch too.
    Jessica recently posted… Right where I am: 4 years 7 months 19 daysMy Profile

• June 1, 2012 Brittany

I wish we lived closer. Our kids would have so much fun together and so would we!

• May 31, 2012 Galit Breen

Beautiful mothering right here. That’s exactly what this is.
    Galit Breen recently posted… Motherhood MantrasMy Profile

• June 1, 2012 Brittany

Thanks Galit. You know me and art and kids. It’s just a match made in heaven!

• May 31, 2012 Shelly Miller

I used sit for hours and create art with my kids. My daughter, now a teenager, still sits for hours and creates art. She loves doing projects for school and has classmates asking her for help with their projects. They both spent many summers in art camps and brought home glorious pieces of joy home. Art helps us become free I think. I took a watercolor class once and realized how much I needed to let go. So glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment. Lovely to find you.
    Shelly Miller recently posted… When Summer is a Heart ConditionMy Profile

• June 1, 2012 Brittany

I hope my kids keep their love for art. I am really enjoying getting back into my own creative groove too. It is so wonderful to make something and I am always learning something new. I just bought a book called Raw Art Journaling and I am so excited to start doing some of the exercises for myself. I’m really glad I found your words too!