Mommy Words: What’s Your Word?

posted in: What's Your Word 15 comments

I am so excited to announce the beginning of a new project here at Mommy Words. The best part of this new project is that it is a collaboration between me and you.

Starting next Monday, there will be a new weekly feature here called What’s Your Word?  Each week a new word will be our focus and we will share our thoughts about that word and how it relates to us.  Words are powerful.  They are emotional.  They spark memories and ignite conversation. Word by word, we will learn about each other, share our lives and make new friends.  I am sure we will laugh and cry on this journey.

What's Your Word?

The concept is simple.

Each Monday I will announce a new word with some basic ideas and thoughts on how that word is relevant and exciting to explore.  That post will be our word / topic for the next week.  So you will have a week to work on your post.

Then, I will present a featured post on the word of the week. This post might be from me but I would just love if it was from you!  I want to feature other writers or vloggers or photographers!   Oh yes, this is a mixed media project.  Your post might be written or it may be a video or a photo.  It can be long or short.  Whatever works for you works for this.  And no, you do not have to be a blogger at all.  If you have a post on the word just link up and start checking out the other What’s Your Word entries for the week!

I can’t wait to see the meaning of these words to different people.  Even a simple word like Happy can mean so many things to different folks.

So yes, this is my first meme here at Mommy Words.  But it’s not just memememe it’s us!  Please join me!  Head on over to the What’s Your Word? page and check out some of the words or pick one of your own and send me an email with your choice!

I am new at all this, so please help me spread the word!  All your support is much appreciated!

• March 28, 2011 dumb mom

What a great idea! I will have to try to remember to come back next week. Monday’s are always pretty uninspired for me!
    dumb mom recently posted… Dumb Mom’s Guide Sex Toy Shopping Eden Fantasy’s StoreMy Profile

• March 28, 2011 Brittany

Yeah, I like having something to write about and I really wanted the flexibility for people to do as little or as much with the word prompt as they want. Just shoot me an email if you want to guest post!

• March 28, 2011 Jana Tupas

I think this is a great idea! I certainly agree about the power of words – they can make us or break us, build us up or tear us down. Words can have a lifelong lasting effect too. Hope we all learn to bring high value to the words that we speak to others and accept in our lives.

• March 28, 2011 Brittany

Thanks! You should come on over and guest post!

• March 28, 2011 Jana Tupas

• March 29, 2011 abbie

What a cool project! Like that you are making multi-media, I can’t wait to see what photos people come up with.

• March 29, 2011 Kmama

I love that you’re doing this on a Monday. I always have a hard time coming up with content for Mondays.

This is going to be great!!

• March 29, 2011 blueviolet

This is such a fresh idea. I think you’ve hit on something quite wonderful, Brittany!
    blueviolet recently posted… What IfMy Profile

• March 29, 2011 Grateful Twin Mom

I’m so glad you’re doing this, Brittany. This is the perfect idea for your “Mommywords ” site. It’s about the words afterall. I posted a bunch on words this month as part of NaBloPoMo, tackling a new word almost everyday. Once a week is better. :) I can’t wait to see what people come up with. I’ll participate because I love words too.
    Grateful Twin Mom recently posted… BiopsyMy Profile

• March 29, 2011 Courtney K.

This sounds like a great idea!! Looking forward to getting started! :)
    Courtney K. recently posted… The Anchor HoldsMy Profile

• March 29, 2011 Ashley

This looks like a lot of fun! Looking forward to seeing it!
    Ashley recently posted… Tweetables Share the link loveMy Profile

• March 30, 2011 The Flying Chalupa

I hope you get some vloggers – am addicted to watching those “posts.” And it’s true – words are so different to each person.

• April 3, 2011 Dana K

Interesting meme! We are about to go on vacation but I’ll keep an out and hopefully participate in the future. Good luck!

Found you through Sunday Funday
    Dana K recently posted… On the Road Again!My Profile

• April 3, 2011 Mama Track

Great idea! I’ll check back for the word.