Now for a Holiday Photo with All Three Kids

posted in: My Life 8 comments

There’s this tree up the street from me that is stunning.  I told the kids it is a fairy tree and they totally believed me.

Miles thought he was at the home of Peter Pan and The Lost Boys.  He was stoked.

Sophia is pretty convinced she is a fairy so it was no problem getting her to pose for the camera.  It was hard to get her to look forward because she swore she saw fairies.

I am determined to get our holiday picture on this tree but it turns out baby Violet is only 10 months old and has no idea what the hell a fairy is so this impressive fact did not sway her opinion of the tree.  Being only a baby, she could not get past the rough bark under her tush.

Miles tried to be a gentleman and hold her, but it looks like she is quite a handful. I have no idea what Sophia is doing here.  She did not volunteer to help.

So, we will go back to the tree next weekend and try again for a holiday picture that includes all 3 of our children smiling.  I will bring a little blanket for Violet’s sensitive behind.  And maybe a little bit of luck and pixie dust I can get the picture I want…3 happy kids…and not overexposed.

That’s probably asking too much, right?

• November 22, 2010 Losing Brownies

Best of luck with the photo! It was so hard trying to find one of the three of us that I liked! You just can’t make babies smile when you want!

• November 22, 2010 Galit Breen

oh mama! if you figure out the secret (pixie dust filled or not) you let me know, okay? my 3 rarely look at the camera at the same time, much less smile at it! the non-smiling pictures, though, can be pretty darling, too, can’t they? :)

• November 22, 2010 Jamie

I really like the last picture. It’s a little over exposed, but it’s really good for three kids. I get the kids into position and just hold down the shutter button. I get one reasonably okay, but not perfect picture to use that way. This year, number two isn’t looking at the camera. But, that’s number two. ;)

Good luck with your next shoot!

• November 22, 2010 Bryna

Go with the overexposed. It’s amazing what you can do with editing! :)

• November 22, 2010 Colleen

I think the last photo is great!
    Go with that one. A little bit of editing and it would be perfect!
    Colleen recently posted… Have You Seen TheseMy Profile

• November 22, 2010 Lin

Too cute! We took Harris to the local arboretum’s pumpkin festival to get cute fall pictures. Let’s just say he was none to impressed with the prickly hay bales and pumpkins. We got many cute pics, but only one with him smiling…and he’s a very smiley boy! Better luck next week!
    Lin recently posted… Perfect Moment Monday- Full CircleMy Profile

• November 22, 2010 Melissa {adventuroo}

Hilarious and CUTE! The tree looks like an awesome backdrop– good luck next weekend!
    Melissa {adventuroo} recently posted… Behind the Scenes at Adventuroo Resources I Use to Run My BlogMy Profile

• November 23, 2010 Kelly

I say take the last one and run with it!
    Kelly recently posted… On bloodMy Profile