Sophia’s Peter Pan and Pixie Hollow Party

All You Need is Faith and Trust and a Little Bit of Pixie Dust…and your child will have a fabulous birthday party!

Sophia turned 4 and wanted a Peter Pan Party but she wanted to be Silvermist, her favorite Disney Fairy. Thus was born the Peter Pan and Pixie Hollow party.

I like having parties at home because she can invite her whole class and not make anyone feel left out.  It’s fine for families to bring siblings and we can all have a relaxing afternoon.  It’s also a lot cheaper than paying for a kids venue and all the grown-ups get to have some wine or beer…which is nice.

Silvermist Swings

For the invitations I used leftover sparkling gold paper from our wedding programs and printed them out at home.  We added our own pixie dust!  This was super simple and basically free!

Peter Pan and Tinkerbell Party Invitation

I always like to have something big and fun for the kids to play in.  Last year I built Sophia a Princess Castle but this year we went with a giant pirate ship fit for Hook, Pan and the Fairies!  It is built out of 7 cardboard refrigerator boxes using Mr. McGroovy’s plans for a pirate ship ($4.99) and a combination of his box widgets and a lot of machine screws and furring strips to sturdy the ship for 40 little scalawags.   His plans are awesome but I will post a how-to so you can see the steps.

The Pirate Ship

You can’t have a pirate ship without a pirate and my neighbor was nice enough to let us borrow his!  The blackguard talks and waves his sword.  He is awesome!  The kids loved using the microphone to talk through the pirate and watch his mouth move!  It was hilarious.

The Pirate and his Ship

Of course, Sophia needed a Pixie Hollow scene fit for Silvermist so I picked up this 8×12 foot mural from Party City for $19.99.  Usually I hate to spend money on this kind of stuff but I was beat after the pirate ship and I could not have painted anything like this!

Disney Fairy Mural

The girls and boys posed for pictures in front of the pirate ship and pixie hollow and I will include those pictures in their thank you cards.  Here’s my clan!  I love their costumes!

Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and Slivermist

Silvermist posed in front of her ship after the festivities were over.

Silvermist and the Ship

I got a few pictures of me for a change too!

Mom and Silvermist

Miles is a huge fan of the pirate!  He looks like he could take him down!  Actually, he spent a lot of the time feeding the pirate goldfish.

Peter Pan Miles and the Pirate

All of our little people loved playing in the ship too.  It will be around for a month or so and we’ll host a neighborhood playdate again so everyone can enjoy it.

Peter Pan in the Pirate Ship

We had a search for gold coins in the back yard that was a bug hit as well as a coloring table where the kids could color pictures from Peter Pan that I printed at home.  The kids danced and played to the music from Peter Pan, which I downloaded from itunes.

Fairies at the Coloring Table

Usually I bake a cake but this year I just picked one up from the grocery store and decorated it with tiny Disney fairies I found at target.  She loved it and gets to keep the figures!

Sophia and Her Fairy Cake

Overall the party was a huge success and my little fairy Silvermist was so excited to have all of her friends come to her Pixie Hollow party.

She got to see her grandparents and her cousins and I got to see my mom, which made me so happy!

Sophia and Mimi Juju

I was just so excited to give my daughter such a special 4th birthday party.  I hope she will never forget it…but just in case, I took almost 300 pictures to remind her.

This is not the best but it’s my favorite…my beautiful firstborn fairy.

Mom and Silvermist

Comments

1. says

Aw – great party. I can’t believe your ambitious props! Also, how sweet that you and Sophia posed and smiled the exact same way in the photo in front of Pixie Hollow!

2. says

How wonderful! I love birthday parties and always go over the top and make a big deal. I’m so thankful for my daughter that every year needs a special celebration. I bet your little fairy felt like the most special girl in the world!!!
    Carol recently posted… I think I may have a problemMy Profile

3. Bryna says

That looks like a blast and I love your creativity!!! I will have to take note once we start having birthday parties with kid guests. Adult family doesn’t appreciate a cardboard castle the way a 4 year old would. :)

Happy Belated to your water fairy!!!! I’m Oct 2nd too! (if her bday was actually that day…)

4. says

Happy times! It looks like a wonderful party, and I love everything you did for her! What a great mama! I must say, I’m lacking the creativity gene where parties are concerned!

5. says

Happy birthday, Sophia! Love the pirate ship. Looks like they had an amazing time. I love kids’ birthday parties. They are the memories that your kids will always remember. When she’s grown and looking at those pictures, I know she’s going to feel so lucky for the super childhood you gave her. Props!
    Grateful Twin Mom recently posted… Toppling Plates RevisitedMy Profile

6. says

Love the last 2 pics of this post, especially! The one of Sophia and your mom and the one of you and her are beautiful – you almost need to blow them up and hang them up. :)

Awesome ideas! You are so creative! I am amazed!

7. says

I am so impressed at how easy you make building things like a pirate ship sound! I love the background. Looks like such a fun party! And that’s something for me to keep in mind – your point about having the party at home so everyone can come.

My four month old is going to be Tinkerbell for Halloween. Go fairies!
    Liza recently posted… A Coat Made of Stuffed Animals &amp A Burning HouseMy Profile

8. SusanW says

Hello! LOVED this party! Awesome job!!!!

You said you were going to post a how-to for the pirate ship. Were you able to do that? I would love to read it. Thanks!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday (belated) to the sweet girl! :)

9. Josee says

Hi, I am preparing a pirate party for my niece and have bought the pirate ship instructions from Mr. McGroovey. I was wondering if you had a place where you posted how you built yours. I need more help than is in the pattern pdf.
    Thank you and have a great day!

• says

Hi Josee, what are you having trouble with? I have not posted my how to and I will look to see how many pictures I took. Maybe that would help. I will try to post something on it this week or next. In the meantime, shoot me your questions and I will check my pictures :)

Trackbacks