Riding the Bull at the Better-Than-A-Picnic

posted in: Helping Others 18 comments

As promised, dear readers, I rode the bull at the Hebrew National Better-Than-A-Picnic yesterday.  I was one of only a handful of adults that braved this stunt in broad daylight without the help of a couple drinks in some bar.  Totally sober – I did this for you – and I actually loved it!  And now, for your enjoyment, the video.

Yes, I had to fall off because the F word was about to come flying out. I had already yelled “CRAP”, a word we do not use in front of the kids if possible (sometimes it is not possible) and the only word I could think of as the bull sped up was the F word.  So I fell off and forgot that the kids were watching and thought I was hurt.  Needless to say they did not let me ride the bull again and I scared them too.  I totally missed the fact that a 2 and 3 year old might not get that falling off was funny.  You get it though.  You are allowed to laugh…I look ridiculous!  And it feels faster than it looks.  Just sayin’…

Other than the 97 degree day the picnic was wonderful.  The kids all had a fabulous time making birthday cards for homeless children, riding the bull, and eating wonderful Hebrew National hot dogs.  They really were awesome, by the way.

The Airbus Before the Picnic...Mmmm...Hot Dogs!

While I loved the bull,

One Handed - Oh Yeah!

Miles loved him more.  He rode three times!  For a 2 year old I thought he really rocked it out!

Ride 'Em Cowboy!

While the mechanical bull was the most fun we have had in awhile, the best part of the day was meeting fellow bloggers and getting gift donations for Birthday Blessings.  I want to thank The Motherhood and Hebrew National for putting together picnics that give back to our community.

It was certainly Better-Than-A-Picnic!

• June 15, 2010 Amy

You were IN THE ZOOOONE!!!!

:-)
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Clears Throat, Commences New Phase =-.

• June 15, 2010 Brittany

Ah yes – the please God let me not be too comletely embarassed zone!

• June 15, 2010 Justine

Nice! I’ve always wanted to ride a mechanical bull. I think you did really well – I don’t think I have enough coordination to stay on for too long. And your son on that bull is just precious. He looks like a natural on it!
    .-= Justine´s last blog ..This was us 29 months ago =-.

• June 15, 2010 Brittany

Thanks Justine. I swear it looked slow but it felt like it was spinning around! Miles may actually become a cowboy…which will mean some really cute pictures huh?

• June 15, 2010 Just Add Walter

you look awesome at there.. can’t believe you held on for that long!
    .-= Just Add Walter´s last blog ..We got SOAKED! =-.

• June 15, 2010 Brittany

I can’t eitehr it was really hard and slippery!

• June 15, 2010 Christine LaRocque

Brave lady. Not actually getting on the bull, but being brave enough to share with us! So fun that you did.
    .-= Christine LaRocque´s last blog ..I’m not wishing away the diapers =-.

• June 15, 2010 Rudri

What a fun post! I am originally from Texas, but have never tried sitting on one of those bulls. You go girl!
    .-= Rudri´s last blog ..A Detour =-.

• June 16, 2010 Brittany

Thanks Rudi. I am from NY so the only bulls are really in bars. And girls wear them in short skirts very…very…drunk. Oh wait – that’s true here in Charlotte too!

• June 16, 2010 Lynn

hahahahahahha Can’t believe you had the guts to ride it!
    .-= Lynn´s last blog ..Summer’s A-Comin’ =-.

• June 16, 2010 Brittany

I know it turned out to be fun though. However – I am SO sore!

• June 16, 2010 TheKitchenWitch

Oh my gosh, you are a brave, brave soul! Your son looks darling on top of that bull. And hey, at least you got some yummy hot dogs out of it, right?
    .-= TheKitchenWitch´s last blog ..Veg-Head Tuesday: The Spectacular Shroom =-.

• June 16, 2010 Brittany

The hot dogsd were seriously awesome! Thank you. Miles is so cute I just want to eat him up most days. He was so stoked to ride the bull and I was so happy they let 2 year olds ride!

• June 16, 2010 Melissa

That’s AWESOME! You’re gutsier than me! My three year old LOVED it but he kept wanting it to go faster… little daredevil.

And yes, the hot dogs were grand! We had a blast at the Raleigh picnic!
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday: That Ain’t No Bull =-.

• June 18, 2010 Jenn

Wow, I’m impressed. I can’t believe you did that and with no alcoholic help! Bravo!!

• June 20, 2010 Tiffany

Brave woman! I love that you did it, and that you posted it! I loved it!!!
    .-= Tiffany´s last blog ..Another Great AIO Diaper: Twinkletoes! (GIVEAWAY!!!) =-.

• We’re hosting our picnic this weekend in Tampa! I hope you don’t mind me posting your video and linking you up on my blog to promote our event. It’s a great video – I am so excited to try it now!
    .-= Caroline at Morningside Mom´s last blog ..The Snake in my Kitchen =-.