Should I Be Worried?

Miles clearly wants to be that bad ass boy no girls are supposed to date.  It seems he is always trying to steal sips of beer when anyone leaves a can or bottle on a table and God help me he has tasted beer.  Some people did not believe me when I told them my toddler would take their bottle if they left it lying around.  Well, he took a big swig before they could get to him.  And he liked it.  He is like a little Homer Simpson now and actually says “mmm…beer”.  I kid you not.  He doesn’t have a million words or anything and that is in his small vocabulary.

We saw it coming though – I posted about it last summer…

Miles Wants Beer 2009

Lately he also looks like he is getting a little high in pictures and I can’t help but laugh.  He just thinks it is funny to put sticks and crayons and pens and anything like that in his mouth.  We grownups are the sickos that laugh because the way he holds these items reminds us of some things I am so not yet prepared to really talk to my kids about.  (If you don’t know my oldest is only 3 so no, we haven’t brought up the subject of marijuana or ciggies yet).   Yes, I am one of the sickos.  I think this is hilarious.

Reason to Worry?

Moms, guard your daughters.  It seems I am raising a very good looking bad influence.  Could it be he already suffers from the middle child syndrome and is rebelling ;)?

Comments

• says

We can hope right. I didn’t want to say too much but I suppose I can spill the beans…he LOVES beer. You have to watch it no matter where you put it. He will climb up things for it. Best to just chug it and hope you don’t puke or give him a sip. Oops did I say that ;)

1. Dear Sydney says

Yeah, you better watch out becuase he’s such a cutie … bound to be a heartbreaker!
    .-= Dear Sydney´s last blog ..I wanted to be depressed today … =-.

• says

Funy and scary! I so want to have a nice young man who treats the ladies right and doesn’t keep me up at night. I suppose my mom is laughing as my siblings and I kept her up at night a lot!

2. says

Watch out… this is gateway behavior to running with the bad boy crowd. Before you know it he’ll be idolizing Oscar the Grouch and the Cookie Monster.

3. says

That is hilarious. Especially because he’s dressed like a Vegas high roller in daytime. Like he’s going to fling his cig/joint on the ground and go make some form of not-so-decent proposal to the lady across the room he’s had his eye on. I love it.
    .-= Liza´s last blog ..33 Weeks of Pregadise =-.

4. says

dude… ok so then lets be honest about the whole “coffee table eyebrow gash” story… it was a bar fight wasn’t it? :)

he rocks.

Lijah HAS to smell our beer, he really wants to taste it but we only let him sniff it, so now he is obsessed with beer sniffing! A friend of mine would put water in empty beer bottles so her son would be satisfied when they had company over and not harass the guests. Hmmm toddler with glass bottle or toddler with beer breath? Parenting 101 didn’t cover that.
    .-= Zandi´s last blog ..Blog on Pause =-.

• says

I love this old post thing. Miles is still like this almost 2 years later! We just think it is funny. This is why I blog about my kids…so I remember these things!