Should I Be Worried?

posted in: Parenting 24 comments

Miles clearly wants to be that bad ass boy no girls are supposed to date.  It seems he is always trying to steal sips of beer when anyone leaves a can or bottle on a table and God help me he has tasted beer.  Some people did not believe me when I told them my toddler would take their bottle if they left it lying around.  Well, he took a big swig before they could get to him.  And he liked it.  He is like a little Homer Simpson now and actually says “mmm…beer”.  I kid you not.  He doesn’t have a million words or anything and that is in his small vocabulary.

We saw it coming though – I posted about it last summer…

Miles Wants Beer 2009

Lately he also looks like he is getting a little high in pictures and I can’t help but laugh.  He just thinks it is funny to put sticks and crayons and pens and anything like that in his mouth.  We grownups are the sickos that laugh because the way he holds these items reminds us of some things I am so not yet prepared to really talk to my kids about.  (If you don’t know my oldest is only 3 so no, we haven’t brought up the subject of marijuana or ciggies yet).   Yes, I am one of the sickos.  I think this is hilarious.

Reason to Worry?

Moms, guard your daughters.  It seems I am raising a very good looking bad influence.  Could it be he already suffers from the middle child syndrome and is rebelling ;)?

• April 15, 2010 Elisa

Hilarious. We have the exact same problem with D, particularly when it comes to beer. Oh well. Maybe this way he won’t go wild when he gets to college??
    .-= Elisa´s last blog ..Guess the Selling Price and I’ll Give you Cash =-.

• April 16, 2010 Brittany

We can hope right. I didn’t want to say too much but I suppose I can spill the beans…he LOVES beer. You have to watch it no matter where you put it. He will climb up things for it. Best to just chug it and hope you don’t puke or give him a sip. Oops did I say that ;)

• April 15, 2010 Amy

This is awesome. That last photo of Miles is hysterical. He is totally that Southern bad boy that will charm you but lead you down a bad path and break your heart. So so funny and cute too.
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..The Best Way To Choose A Home =-.

• April 16, 2010 Brittany

SO the southern badboy. His hair too – he looks like a frat boy already. Dear Lord I am in trouble!

• April 15, 2010 Jenny

Uh oh! I think there’s trouble ahead for you! How funny!
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..Still Relevant… =-.

• April 16, 2010 Dear Sydney

Yeah, you better watch out becuase he’s such a cutie … bound to be a heartbreaker!
    .-= Dear Sydney´s last blog ..I wanted to be depressed today … =-.

• April 16, 2010 Loukia

Oh my gosh! He is the cutest thing!!!!! And soooooooo funny! Haha….
    .-= Loukia´s last blog ..Wake-up call =-.

• April 16, 2010 Brittany

Funy and scary! I so want to have a nice young man who treats the ladies right and doesn’t keep me up at night. I suppose my mom is laughing as my siblings and I kept her up at night a lot!

• April 16, 2010 Mamma B.

Watch out… this is gateway behavior to running with the bad boy crowd. Before you know it he’ll be idolizing Oscar the Grouch and the Cookie Monster.

• April 16, 2010 Brittany

I love it – gateway behavior. That rocks. Right now he idolizes elmo and dora but you’re right. First Oscar the grouch…then Eminem!

• April 16, 2010 Elisa

Can I post pictures in comments?

I thought you would get a kick out of this one. I think D and Miles are destined to meet and be buddies.

.-= Elisa´s last blog ..Guess the Selling Price and I’ll Give you Cash =-.

• April 16, 2010 Brittany

That’s awesome. We have a couple of Miles like that too. Ross actually asked if kids could drink Non Alcoholic beer. Um…NO!

• April 16, 2010 Liza

That is hilarious. Especially because he’s dressed like a Vegas high roller in daytime. Like he’s going to fling his cig/joint on the ground and go make some form of not-so-decent proposal to the lady across the room he’s had his eye on. I love it.
    .-= Liza´s last blog ..33 Weeks of Pregadise =-.

• April 16, 2010 michelle avitable

Miles is so cute! Love the pic of him with the “pretend” cigarrette!

• April 17, 2010 Melissa

What a cutie! That’s hilarious. My husband is impressed by the fact that your kiddo already knows how to hold a joint, lol. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Honest Scrap Award =-.

• April 18, 2010 Amy

After he took a hit did he look at you and say in “Are you tawkin to ME?”
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..When Life Gives You Lemonade, Share it =-.

• April 19, 2010 Eloise C

What an adorable little boy your Miles is! At least he has good taste in beer too! I am a new follower from FFF at the Mom Bloggers Club, so glad to have found your great blog! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Eloise
    Mommy2TwoGirls

• April 19, 2010 Zandi

dude… ok so then lets be honest about the whole “coffee table eyebrow gash” story… it was a bar fight wasn’t it? :)

he rocks.

Lijah HAS to smell our beer, he really wants to taste it but we only let him sniff it, so now he is obsessed with beer sniffing! A friend of mine would put water in empty beer bottles so her son would be satisfied when they had company over and not harass the guests. Hmmm toddler with glass bottle or toddler with beer breath? Parenting 101 didn’t cover that.
    .-= Zandi´s last blog ..Blog on Pause =-.

• April 19, 2010 Scary Mommy

I love this. Totally hilarious!!!

• April 23, 2010 Jenna

Here from FF and your newest follower! :) I’d love it if you could come visit/follow me at http://www.momsbalancingact.com!

Have a wonderful day!

• April 28, 2010 mika

mate, my baby vice was scotch so beer’s still ok :)

• April 29, 2010 Brittany

Is he taking after his mum ;) I so knew this would happen!

• August 21, 2012 Camille

Ah!!! Hahahahaha. Too good. I’m dying.
    Camille recently posted… a 5 second beach trip.My Profile

• August 23, 2012 Brittany

I love this old post thing. Miles is still like this almost 2 years later! We just think it is funny. This is why I blog about my kids…so I remember these things!