Introducing Violet Grace!

posted in: My Life 66 comments
Our Newest Little Monkey
Our Newest Little Monkey

At 1:05 p.m. we welcomed Violet Grace into our family and became officially outnumbered by this gorgeous 5 pound 12 ounce, 19 inch long (hairy) bundle of joy!  Of course I will post the full delivery story tomorrow but I just had to share a pic or two tonight.

Look at how happy I am…the External Cephalic Version worked!  She’s my little flippin’ chicken and after just an hour of very painful labor (and much unattractive panting) once the epidural wore off from the ECV and 4 pushes – she was in my arms.  No surgery required!

Breastfeeding is going swimmingly and I really have nothing but great things to say about her arrival and our first few hours together!

Mommy's First Pic with Violet

She came out with the lungs of a lion and let us know she was one healthy baby!

See Her Roar!

She’s got the cutest little feet…

Tiny Toes

Loves her Daddy…

Daddy's Little Girl

And she lets me stare at her each and every minute…

Sleepyhead Violet

Thank you all for all of your thoughts and prayers and well wishes.  We are doing extremely well and I can’t wait to tell you all about my little Violet after I get just a little rest.  I warn you – many pictures are coming so I hope you like babies as much as I do!

• January 19, 2010 Kel - rewritingkel

Adorable pictures, and baby, and I love her name. Congrats. :)
    .-= Kel – rewritingkel´s last blog ..The Move =-.

• January 20, 2010 magda

OMG…beautiful
      1 hour. no surgery. already blogging.
      xoxox
      .-= magda´s last blog ..My Husband…god bless him =-.

• January 19, 2010 Fiona

CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful!

• January 19, 2010 Kristi

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! She’s perfect. Congratulations.
    .-= Kristi´s last blog ..New Website Up and Running =-.

• January 19, 2010 Zandi

WELCOME TO THIS WONDERFUL CRAZY WORLD VIOLET!!!!
    you are beautiful . Well done Brittany! See you both tomorrow, I will call in the morning so if you sleep turn phone off! hee he

• January 19, 2010 Rhiana @ HurriedHomemaker

Wow! First off, I LOVE her name … Secondly, you look fantastic … and Finally, I think my husband is going to be mad – you just got me hankerin’ for another lil’ one!

Congratulations on the beautiful addition to your family! :)
    .-= Rhiana @ HurriedHomemaker´s last blog ..Why Buy Organic Foods? =-.

• January 19, 2010 anne - mommy has to work

congratulations!!

• January 19, 2010 Dawn

Absolutely beautiful. And hairy! :) Congratulations! I’m glad everything went so smoothly! And that’s a beautiful name. I love that!
    .-= Dawn´s last blog ..Suicide =-.

• January 19, 2010 Melissa

Yay!!! She is beautiful!! You did fantastic!

• January 19, 2010 Carol

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! You do good work Momma. Get some rest, you are going to need it. My best friend said the transition from two to outnumbered was a big one! Sending more and more happy thoughts your way!
    .-= Carol´s last blog ..Our Excellence Celebrated =-.

• January 19, 2010 Momisodes

OMG!!! I am squealing here! Congratulations!

I breathed a huge sigh of relief reading that you were able to avoid a cesarean. That is wonderful!

She is such a doll. Thank you so much for posting an update.

Hope you’re both recovering well :)
    .-= Momisodes´s last blog ..Sew behind =-.

• January 19, 2010 Loukia

Oh my gosh!!! She is SO beautiful! What a perfect looking baby girl… congratulations to you and to your lovely family. I’m so happy for you! Yay! You look great. So happy to hear everything went so well Congrats again, on her arrival… enjoy enjoy enjoy every second! She’s a beauty. :) xo
    .-= Loukia´s last blog ..Two! =-.

• January 19, 2010 Maya

She’s a cutie!!! Congrats :-)
    .-= Maya´s last blog ..Support Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Research! =-.

• January 20, 2010 Adventures In Babywearing

Oh my goodness!! How perfect! Congrats!

Steph

• January 20, 2010 Candice

Congrats!! She looks perfect! I’m so glad the ECV worked out and you really made labor and delivery seem like not a big deal. How did you do that? Can I get the secret password to that? LOL

I’m so happy for you guys! I can’t wait to hear more.
    .-= Candice´s last blog ..7 Quick Tuesday Takes =-.

• January 20, 2010 existentialwaitress

Beautiful name for a beautiful baby! I can’t wait to see lots and lots of pics. Congratulations to you and your family!

• January 20, 2010 snafflesmummy

Ah you look like a very happy family. I love the name.

Congratulations, so glad the ECV worked and you got the birth you wanted.
    .-= snafflesmummy´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – A Picture Tells A Thousand Words =-.

• January 20, 2010 Eve

Brittany, she is Beuatiful and YOU look beautiful! … And 1 hour of labor!?! … That is something I know I will only ever dream of. I love her name too. Congrat congrats you’ve made me extreamly broody now and I can’t to hear how you guys get on.

P.S. I haven’t seen a picture of your husband before. :) He’s got a lovely smile.

P.P.S. Sorry I’ve not been commenting! Have been reading though. busybusy, you know. :P
    .-= Eve´s last blog ..Tequila, Margarita, Mexican and Me =-.

• January 20, 2010 teri

Welcome Violet. You’re such a cute little bundle of love!

• January 20, 2010 Mary

Congratulations! She is beautiful.
    .-= Mary´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

• January 20, 2010 Theta Mom

Brittany, she’s beautiful! I was so psyched to read your tweets as it happened! So glad you and baby are well! She’ll be giving you lots of good bloggy material, for sure!
    xoxo
    .-= Theta Mom´s last blog ..Blogging Like a Rockstar =-.

• January 20, 2010 TooManyHats

Congratulations! She is BEAUTIFUL! I simply adore the name too.
    .-= TooManyHats´s last blog ..Banana Stew Anyone? =-.

• January 20, 2010 Kristi

Congrats!! She is precious! Can’t wait to see more pictures. So glad everything worked out the way you wanted!!
    .-= Kristi´s last blog ..Boring days and a package =-.

• January 20, 2010 Christie

She is beautiful. There is nothing quite as perfect as the sweetness that is a newborn baby.

• January 20, 2010 nic @mybottlesup

CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME BABY VIOLET!!! well done mama. well done. she is absolutely perfect. rest and heal. xoxo.
    .-= nic @mybottlesup´s last blog ..it’s not that i hate old people, just stupid old people with big cadillacs and canes =-.

• January 20, 2010 Katie

Congratulations and welcome to the Violet club! (My Violet Emilee is 16 mos.) She is beautiful!!
    .-= Katie´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – We all hate the Red Sox =-.

• January 20, 2010 Sweet Tea and Biscuits

So glad all went well with the delivery. She is beautiful! Nothing like a newborn :)
    .-= Sweet Tea and Biscuits´s last blog ..These boots are made for walkin’ =-.

• January 20, 2010 Holly

Congratulations. She is gorgeous.
    .-= Holly´s last blog ..Desperate Housewives Shouldn’t Listen to The Cure =-.

• January 20, 2010 Amber Morrisey

Welcome earthside sweet little one!

• Congratulations!! I’m so glad the ecv worked and no surgery was required! She is absolutely beautiful, and what a great name. I love the first picture of you two together, it’s beautiful!
    .-= Ashley@ Just Another Mom of 2´s last blog ..If I had an hour.. =-.

• January 20, 2010 allison

Congrats on your newest bundle. She looks just precious!
    .-= allison´s last blog ..Happy Birthday Mr. Cupid =-.

• January 20, 2010 Christine

so sweet! congrats!
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..What A Man Must Know =-.

• January 20, 2010 Grateful Twin Mom

Congratulations! Violet is beautiful. I’m so glad you didn’t have to have surgery. You are truly blessed. My best wishes to you and your super sweet family.
    .-= Grateful Twin Mom´s last blog ..Discipline–Part 2 or "this bird’s gotta sing a different tune" =-.

• January 20, 2010 Christine

How exciting….she’s adorable and I love the name! Congrat’s

• January 20, 2010 Cheryl Wood

OMG, what an adorable, precious baby girl! Congratulations. This really makes me think back to when I delivered my three precious babies. They grow up so fast. Enjoy this special time!
    .-= Cheryl Wood´s last blog ..REVIEW: Carol’s Daughter Magical Beauty Collection =-.

• January 20, 2010 Naomi de la Torre

Congratulations! She is beautiful and amazing. And you look fantastic too!! Welcome Violet!!!

• January 20, 2010 Monique

She is PERFECT. Just perfect!! I am so happy for you nad your family! Congratulations!

• January 20, 2010 Heather

She’s beautiful, congrats! Enjoy your time with your bundle of joy.

• January 20, 2010 Allison

Congratulations! She’s beautiful!

• January 20, 2010 Stephanie J

Congrats!

• January 20, 2010 motpg

Congratulations! Beautiful baby girl with a beautiful name and sweet sweet face!

• January 20, 2010 Just Add Walter

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!! Congrats mommy!!!

• January 20, 2010 Scary Mommy

She is GORGEOUS. And you are too!!! I’m sooooo happy for you!!!

• January 20, 2010 C @ Kid Things

She’s beautiful! Congratulations!!

• January 20, 2010 Jen

Congratulations! She’s Beautiful and you look awesome!

• January 20, 2010 fidget

you do good work mama, congrats!

• January 20, 2010 Vixen

Congrats to both of you and welcome dear Violet!

• January 20, 2010 julie

congrats! what a beautiful name for a little girl!

• January 20, 2010 Mary van der Linden

Brittany. OK. First of all, I am so impressed with that bed and that little storage thing you did on the front porch (saw it first hand yesterday). About the bed though……I have questions about screwing the side panels together (the beginning part). You had Home Depot or Lowes cut the wood. Did they angle it at the ends? When you screw it, do you get the screws in there from the inside or the outside of the piece? I wish I could look at the picture while writing this. It seems like there are no visible signs of screws on the outside. Did you use the kind of screw that has points on both ends. I want to learn this. Your inferior sister in law……Mary

• January 20, 2010 Mary van der Linden

Oh, by the way, I am WAY more impressed with Violet than the bed, just so you know. And You. You are way to capable after childbirth. I was such a slug! I was in awe of how with it you were after no sleep the night before, preceded by building furniture with your older babies present. You are scary how productive you are. What do you eat for breakfast?

• January 20, 2010 Mandi Bone

Congratulations! She is beautiful.

• January 20, 2010 Lisa

She is simply beautiful :) Congrats and welcome baby Violet!!

• January 20, 2010 blueviolet

Bless your new little baby! Welcome, little one! We are so very glad you are here!

• January 20, 2010 Michelle

Alright…already sent you the beauty comments but…

Has anyone ever told you that you and your husband look alike? hmmmm???

• January 20, 2010 Zen Mom

Oh, she’s beautiful! And I love her name.

So glad everything went well. Rest up in the hospital while you can. And congratulations.

• January 21, 2010 amie

She is beautiful!!!!! Congratulations to you and your family!

• January 21, 2010 Amy

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You did it!

She is BEAUTIFUL!! So tiny and fuzzy!

You have the easiest labors! The pics look great! Get lots of rest and drink a lot of water and I’m so glad it all went well!!!! YAY!

PS. Who’s the stunt double in the pic after the delivery. She looks just like you but does not have the wiped out look of a woman who just gave birth. Uncanny resemblance!
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..My Secret Boyfriend Will Soon be Mine =-.

• January 22, 2010 Jenny

I am so happy to hear that she turned!!! YAY! Congratulations! She is beautiful!
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..The Sillies. =-.

• February 2, 2010 Tracy @Ascending Butterfly

Welcome Violet Grace! Great pictures! What a wonderful ‘bloggie debut’ :-)
    .-= Tracy @Ascending Butterfly´s last blog ..February 2010: The Ascending Butterfly Book Club review & GIVEAWAY – Featured Book in the Spotlight! =-.

• February 3, 2010 Jessica "A New Mom"

She is absolutely adorable! Congrats! Visiting from MBC
    .-= Jessica “A New Mom”´s last blog ..Next Big Step =-.

• February 6, 2010 Genny

Following you from MBC!

What a precious addition to your family!
    .-= Genny´s last blog ..So you want to be a writer? =-.

• February 6, 2010 Brittany

Thanks so much Genny I am now following you too!

• February 6, 2010 Brae

Awwww! Congratulations! She is so beautiful!

I am following you now from MBC!

• February 8, 2010 David

Violet Grace’s of the world unite!! http://stolencarrots.com/

• February 8, 2010 Brittany

That is so cool! These chicks should definitely meet one day! Congrats!