Blog Button Design

posted in: Ancient History 11 comments

Mommy Words Button

I have spent a good deal of time trying to come up with a blog button as I don’t have a logo, per say.  After a ridiculous amount of time on the above, the only thing I really like is the tent but I can’t figure out how to make it a little snazzier!  I am thinking maybe a litte color and a different border.  I also thought about re-working my banner to use as a button but the words would all be way too small.  So for now, this is it.  It don;t look like much, but hooeee was it a pain in the tush.  Photoshop is a real tush whooper of a program!

I really just need something to fill in until I think of something I LOVE so that my facebook page and other sites that demand a square box can have one!

Noe to bloggers, if you have a little picture or an actual logo this process is very simple but you do need to make sure to do it the right way.  I will put up a little tutorial on my blog design page when it goes live.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts.  I am all out of good brain power on this one.  Thanks!

• November 17, 2009 Lee the Hot Flash Queen

I like it, but make it red and white like a circus tent…also maybe a color for the font??
    .-= Lee the Hot Flash Queen´s last blog ..Third Time is a Charm? =-.

• November 18, 2009 Vodka Logic

I like it a lot and the font matches the circus them. As Lee said maybe a little red would snazz it up… but less is more imo.
    .-= Vodka Logic´s last blog ..You’re so Vain [guest blog] =-.

• November 18, 2009 TooManyHats

I like the simplicity, but a little color would really make it pop.
    .-= TooManyHats´s last blog ..Row, Row, Row Your Boat… =-.

• November 18, 2009 Sweet Tea and Biscuits

I actually really like the black and white :) but if you add the color you could just add a little color on the tent tie backs and the tent flag. Just a thought. I love it just as is !! Can;t wait until you share how to do this because I have been wanting a button for awhile but I have no idea how to do it.

• November 18, 2009 shraddha

GREAT EFFORT..

I am one of those who writes on a picture and crops it to 150 by 150 and voila done…
    i do not own photoshop…i know ..i know …how uncool….but i survive!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment luv says..it has error finding my feed…should i be concerned??

• November 18, 2009 shraddha

wow…my entire theme was messed up and there was a weird error for my blog feed…i just went back to my older theme…

i hate when i waste my time like this!

• November 18, 2009 Monique

Definitely add some color. I think I agree on the red and white. Thank goodness, I have friends who are photoshop pros and made my button for me!!! I am clueless on all that stuff! ;)
    .-= Monique´s last blog ..It has been way too long. =-.

• November 18, 2009 Lauren

When does your blog design page go live?

Definitely would add circus colors.

Thanks.
    .-= Lauren´s last blog ..Which Governing Bodies have Lost their Heads? =-.

• November 18, 2009 RachelI

I really like that it is simple. The tiny buttons can be hard to read when they have too much clutter!
    .-= RachelI´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday- Daddy’s Birthday =-.

• November 23, 2009 magda

Color and a fun border would be nice. Simplicity rocks. Looking forward to the tutorial so that I can fritter away more time, not blogging, reading or taking care of domestic matters. xoxo may be coming to Charlotte in the spring. Maybe if you live close to my family or best friend(who will host us), we could meet at the park with your giant herd of 3. Not wild about traveling cross country with the 2 little guys. But very excited to visit with childhood friends.
    .-= magda´s last blog ..More Whine please…I Mean Swine =-.

• November 24, 2009 alessand

No really this button is so cute it says so much. I personaly think it looks cute black in whitle. the only thing I would change would make a cloud around the drawing and add some color outside the cloud. that way you have some color but the color isnt over powering the black and white